GALLERY: Baldock’s expert pancake flippers delight spectators in the sunshine
- Credit: Archant
Baldock’s annual pancake race was a fiercely contested affair with eight teams in the mix.
The Shrove Tuesday pancake flipping bonanza took place on the High Street this morning, and was ‘exceptionally good’ according to the organisers.
Baldock Town Partnership director Fraser Valentine said: “It was an excellent turn out for this year’s race with more than 100 people lining the path in the High Street in the sunshine to cheer and clap.
“It was a closely fought race for the coveted title with a few clashes of elbows but CHQ Architects Team Julia emerged unscathed yet slightly battered as the victors.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Fitness came in second with CHQ Architects Team One coming in third position.
While Gallery 1066, Kindlelight, an Orange Tree and The Engine combination, Lee’s Barbers and the White Lion all put in valiant efforts.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out