GALLERY: Baldock Festival a huge hit
- Credit: Archant
AN annual community event which brings together members of the public from a market town concluded on Sunday.
Over the past two weeks various events across Baldock have been held to mark the 30th Baldock Festival, which kicked off two weeks ago with the Baldock Beer Festival.
On Saturday the penultimate event was held with the Baldock Street Fair on Market Place, High Street.
During the day, there were 50 craft and charity stalls with many stall holders dressed in costume. A treasure hunt and a medieval food court along with lace makers were on hand to show visitors their skill in the community centre.
The festival drew to a close on Sunday with a service of thanksgiving at the United Reformed Church where light refreshments were served afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Baldock Festival, Bob Eversden, said: “The festival has been a success from start to finish, it was well attended and there was something for everyone to get involved in. We were lucky with the weather; despite it being a bit cloudy we had no rain. The Street Festival was great with the Morris Men dancing, the church tower open for visitors and then finally the service of thanksgiving.”
*To see pictures from the festival click on the top right hand corner.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round