GALLERY: Baldock Day ‘worth the wait’
A TOWN centre fun day which was put back a month because of bad weather was “worth the wait”.
Baldock Day was held in the High Street on Saturday, with more than a thousand turning out to soak up the atmosphere.
The event was originally meant to be held in July, but had to be postponed because of the rain.
Saturday’s weather, in contrast, was warm and sunny, and attracted lots of families.
Town centre manager and organiser Murray Fastier said: “It was a really good day, and lots of people were there pretty much all day.
You may also want to watch:
“It was worth the wait. The sun was much better than the rain was.”
A farmers’ and craft market was held, and there was also the mountain bike stunt team, a climbing wall, and fairground rides as well as other stalls and entertainment.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“The stunt bikes were a crowd pleaser, and the climbing wall went down well,” added Mr Fastier.
“There was a lot of worry that people wouldn’t turn up because it was the middle of the holidays, but that definitely wasn’t the case.
“It proved it was a good idea to postpone it.”
• To see a gallery of pictures, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.