GALLERY: Ashwell Country Show a big hit
THE Ashwell Country Show was a huge success despite a light flurry of rain.
Now in its 90th year, the event took place on bank holiday Monday with organisers estimating the event attracting about 6,000 people.
Some of the main attractions were Dingle Fingle the stunt clown, The Guinness World Record holder’s 3sixty bike display team, Freddie’s farm sheepdog trials and Royston’s Electralite Majorettes, while Ashwell tree surgeon Matty Fathers was showcasing his chainsaw carving skills.
Organiser Fiona Richards said: “It was a glorious morning and we had about the same amount of people we had as last year.
“Dingle Fingle was a huge hit with the children as were the 3sixty bike display team. They really drew in the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
“The food court was packed with people and the beer tent was very popular.”
The free messy play tent was expanded this year to include a tractor ride on, with real grain for digging and sowing, plus a visit from Dinky Dancers as well as kids’ entertainer. The free craft tent also had a new element with skilled artists offering people a go at glass blowing, throwing a pot and spinning.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Mrs Richards said: “We’re constantly striving to give more value for money and offer free attractions to justify the entrance price.”
Show organisers are running a photo competition where visitors can send in their shots to email@example.com and be in with a chance to win four free tickets to next year’s show to be held on August 26.
Details can be found at ashwellshow.co.uk closing date is July 2013.