Gabz set to perform at this year’s Stevenage Day
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Stevenage Day will include a music festival for the first time, with acts announced including Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz and star of The Voice Nadeem Leigh.
The free event on Sunday, June 8, will be held at the King George V Playing Fields from 11.30am and promises something for all ages.
There will be two music stages showcasing local talent, with acts joining Gabz and Nadeem including Roxy Searle, JOANovARC, The Marksmen, and Calm for the Restless.
Gabz is set to perform her new single Change the Game, which will be released on April 13.
As well as the music stages, there will also be performances from the likes of Camps Hill Primary School’s cheerleading squad and the Essex Show Dogs in the main arena, and more than 200 stalls offering a wide range of local produce, crafts, food and drink, games and challenges.
Why not relax and enjoy light refreshments at the 1940s vintage tea party?
Councillor Howard Burrell, Stevenage Borough Council’s executive member for children and young people, culture, sport and leisure, said: “Having our very own Stevenage Day music festival is a great boost to the activities on offer this year and gives our fantastic home-grown talent a great platform to show what they can do in front of a local crowd.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
“We are delighted with the fantastic line-up of attractions Stevenage Day has to offer.
“We’ve worked hard to put together an eclectic mix of activities, performers, rides and tasty treats.
“I’m really looking forward to the event, which will have more than 200 stalls and a variety of entertainment, so there is sure to be something for everyone.”
Free parking will be available on the day at The Forum, Southgate, Marshgate, Aldi and St Georges Way multi-storey car parks.
If you want to promote your organisation at this event, call 01438 242206 or email email@example.com for more information and an application form.