Can you help Hitchin-based charity fundraise in 20 for 20 challenge?
- Credit: Archant
The president of a Hitchin-based charity is urging the public to back her latest fundraising efforts, as coronavirus continues to devastate charities across the country.
Like many charitable organisations, Hitchin Priory Rotary Club has been denied most of its usual fundraising activites due to COVID-19.
The club has continued to provide modest support to local and international charities during this period, and this latest walk will a chance for the club to fundraise following the recent Beirut disaster.
Now, the Priory’s Club President Gabriela Lovelace has taken up the 20 for 20 Walk Challenge in aid of ShelterBox’s 20th anniversary.
This will involve walking 20 miles in one day, from Letchworth Garden City Fountain to the Welwyn Garden City dountain, via Great Wymondley, Old Knebworth, Welwyn, Ayot Green and Stanborough Park.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Gabriela, visit hitchinprioryrotaryclub.org
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?