Can you help Hitchin-based charity fundraise in 20 for 20 challenge?
- Credit: Archant
The president of a Hitchin-based charity is urging the public to back her latest fundraising efforts, as coronavirus continues to devastate charities across the country.
Like many charitable organisations, Hitchin Priory Rotary Club has been denied most of its usual fundraising activites due to COVID-19.
The club has continued to provide modest support to local and international charities during this period, and this latest walk will a chance for the club to fundraise following the recent Beirut disaster.
Now, the Priory’s Club President Gabriela Lovelace has taken up the 20 for 20 Walk Challenge in aid of ShelterBox’s 20th anniversary.
This will involve walking 20 miles in one day, from Letchworth Garden City Fountain to the Welwyn Garden City dountain, via Great Wymondley, Old Knebworth, Welwyn, Ayot Green and Stanborough Park.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Gabriela, visit hitchinprioryrotaryclub.org
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Stevenage Borough Council
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Have you seen this wanted man?