Future of nursery secured after merger with Biggleswade academy
- Credit: Archant
The future of a nursery has been secured thanks to a merger with Biggleswade Academy.
Lawns Nursery School formally merged with the academy on Friday, meaning that it can now offer education for children aged between two and 13.
Central Bedfordshire Council granted approval for the merger with the academy – which has been supporting the nursery for the past 18 months – after consultation with parents, carers and people who live in Biggleswade.
Biggleswade Academy principal Steve Phillips said: “This step guarantees the future of the Lawns as a resource for our community and allows the positive way our schools have worked together during this time to be continued on a permanent basis.
“I have no doubt our children and their families will continue to see the benefit of this work irrespective of what part of our Academy they interact with.”
You may also want to watch:
Last month Arlesey Nursery School merged with Gothic Mede Academy, which has doubled provision for two year olds, as well as securing wraparound care and a holiday club for the school’s pupils.
Gothic Mede had been supporting the nursery since 2013.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Councillor Mark Versallion, responsible for education at the unitary authority, said: “More schools are looking to have an influence earlier on children’s learning journey across Central Bedfordshire.
“I welcome these mergers which formalises the very close working relationships which already exist between these nursery schools and their partner academy schools.”
For more information about either school visit www.biggleswadeacademy.org or www.gothicmede.org.uk.