Further delays to Arlesey railway station
CONSTRUCTION work for a railway station car park will be further delayed, causing more misery for residents.
Commuters using Arlesey railway station will be forced to continue parking in lay-bys and nearby streets.
A planning application has been submitted to Central Bedfordshire Council for the third time to amend plans for the car park at the railway station after the Environment Agency insisted concrete drainage channels were installed, resulting in more trees on the land next to the River Hiz being removed.
A number of trees have already been removed for the 390 space car park.
The project was due to be completed by January 2013 but Mr Dixon now anticipates it will be ready by the end of the first quarter 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Arlesey Residents’ Association Hugh Harper said: “We’re a bit disappointed with the delay this is going to cause.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus