Funeral date set to remember Stevenage murder victim
THE funeral of a Stevenage man who died after suffering a fatal stab wound will take place later this month.
Family and friends of Mark Butler will gather at St Peters Community Hall in The Willows, Stevenage, on Friday, August 27, to remember the 32-year-old who was killed on July 13, after an incident in Bowcock Walk, Stevenage.
The family of Mr Butler, of Burydale, have asked attendees to wear something with green on during the funeral, which will start at 2pm.
They are also asking for flowers from family only and will accept donations for the trust fund of Mr Butler’s five-year-old daughter Georgia.
Alternatively, a donation can be made to a charity, which is yet to be named.
You may also want to watch:
A party is expected to be held afterwards at around 4pm in honour of Mr Butler, who was known to many for his love of music and DJ-ing skills.
For further information about the service contact Austin’s funeral directors in Stevenage.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
*Dwayne Parchment, 28, of Bowcock Walk, Stevenage, has been charged with Mr Butler’s murder.
Mr Parchment is due to appear at Luton Crown Court on Saturday, September 29, where he will make his plea.