Family of Stevenage’s Danny Cook, 28, overwhelmed by support after tragic death
- Credit: Archant
The family of a young man who died unexpectedly after going out for a jog have been overwhelmed by support to raise funds for his funeral.
Danny Cook, who lived in Wisden Road in Stevenage, went out for a jog last Friday and collapsed in Verity Way, where he was found having a seizure by a family.
Danny, 28, went into cardiac arrest and died in hospital the following morning. He leaves behind his four-year-old daughter, Sophia.
Danny, who worked at Stevenage Family Butchers at The Oval, was well-known in the town and an appeal to raise £5,000 to pay for his funeral has been exceeded, with more than £6,500 donated.
His sister, Carly, said: “Someone has anonymously donated £1,000 and we are so grateful to everyone. Thank you all so much.”
You may also want to watch:
Danny’s funeral will be held at St Nicholas Church in Stevenage at 1pm on November 15 and all who knew Danny are welcome.
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Stevenage Borough Council
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Have you seen this wanted man?