Fun in store at annual festival
A FESTIVAL celebrates 32 years of charity fundraising this Sunday. The Walsworth Festival was first held in 1974 and over the years has raised £150,000. This year s event takes place on Walsworth Common in Hitchin from 11am to 5pm. Over 80 stallholders wi
A FESTIVAL celebrates 32 years of charity fundraising this Sunday.
The Walsworth Festival was first held in 1974 and over the years has raised £150,000.
This year's event takes place on Walsworth Common in Hitchin from 11am to 5pm.
Over 80 stallholders will be taking part, representing interests ranging from Hitchin Town Belles FC to Wood Green Animal Shelter.
You may also want to watch:
The programme is due to start with the 1066 Squadron Air Cadets Band and will include a wide range of activities including swords of chivalry and displays from dogs and ferrets.
There should be plenty to do with vintage and veteran cars, a penalty shoot out, climbing walls, go-karts and archery.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
All the profits raised by the stallholders will go to their own chosen charity.
Call the festival secretary Ray Shakespeare-Smith on 01462 453823 for more information.