From school to parliament
A STUDENT asked a question during a debate at the European Parliament in Strasbourg – but to make things even more challenging she had to ask it in French! Barnwell student Stacey Smith, 18, joined 30 other students from up and down the country to take pa
A STUDENT asked a question during a debate at the European Parliament in Strasbourg - but to make things even more challenging she had to ask it in French!
Barnwell student Stacey Smith, 18, joined 30 other students from up and down the country to take part in the Euroscholor trip sponsored by the Rotary Club.
Miss Smith asked a question about renewable energy. She told The Comet: "I was more nervous about getting my French right than actually asking the question."
The environment is something Miss Smith is very interested in and she hopes to study geography at university when she leaves school.
You may also want to watch:
Shelagh Mackey, Barnwell's extended school coordinator, said: "Stacey was extremely lucky as she was in fact fast tracked and the whole trip was agreed in just a matter of weeks.
"One minute in ordinary lessons at Barnwell School in Stevenage, the next asking a question in the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'