TWO friends who put their heads together to write a book of children s stories and poetry are celebrating its publication. Green Frogs and Purple Motorbikes is the brainchild of Betty Tomlinson and Linda Dalton – two pensioners who have been firm friends
TWO friends who put their heads together to write a book of children's stories and poetry are celebrating its publication.
Green Frogs and Purple Motorbikes is the brainchild of Betty Tomlinson and Linda Dalton - two pensioners who have been firm friends for 25 years.
Mrs Tomlinson, of Larkins Close, Baldock, said: "Linda is a great artist and I have a vivid imagination.
"I can make up stories at the drop of a hat and enjoy telling them to my grandchildren.
"I have also been writing poetry all my life, using life experience for inspiration."
The children's book, aimed at four to eight-year-olds, includes various colourful tales such as a short story about a mouse that cannot eat cheese.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
The paperback is available to buy for £4 at David's Gift Shop, Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
A donation of 50p will be made to Mencap for every book sold.