Friends of 20-year-old motorcyclist killed in Baldock crash launch petition for Stotfold memorial bench
- Credit: Archant
Friends of a 20-year-old motorcyclist who was killed in a crash last week have set up a petition calling for a bench to be built in his memory.
Jack Alexander was killed when his Yamaha YZFR6 motorbike collided with a silver Volkswagen Transporter van on the B656 Royston Road in Baldock at 7.45am on July 17.
Jack – who went to Samuel Whitbread Academy in Clifton and lived in Stotfold – had just finished working as an apprentice at Thermal Engineering in Royston.
A Facebook page has been created where people can leave their memories of Jack, share photos and support the petition to place a bench at Riverside Playing Fields in Stotfold.
So far more than 750 people have backed the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Writing on the page, Adam Croft said: “RIP brother, gone but never forgotten. Was never just a friend to me you was always family. Just wish I had the chance to say goodbye! Rest in peace bruva.”
Charlotte Bedford posted: “Still can’t get my head around this, you never expect it to happen to someone you know and have spent four years with at school. Rest in peace angel, sleep tight.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
William Howe said: “RIP Jacky boy. Miss having my drinking buddy, the only person who could keep up. Hope you’re having fun up there...hold tight.”
To leave a memory of Jack or sign the petition search for R.I.P JACK ALEXANDER X on Facebook.