Friends celebrate together at Stevenage home’s birthday bash
- Credit: Archant
The sun had his hat on when a Stevenage sheltered housing scheme celebrated its 20th birthday.
Bradshaw Court is home to 34 people and marked the day with a garden party which also featured a singalong and raffle.
The home’s manager Caroline Shelford said: “It was a wonderful day and really showed what a great atmosphere we have here.
“Everyone really gets on and it is a beautiful place.”
Many of the people living in the home have spent many years there including Mary Spicer, who moved in when the home in The Paddocks opened its doors in 1995.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline says it’s a great place to work and puts the home’s warm atmosphere down to the fact that they organise so many activities for people living there.
She said: “Every Wednesday we have a games night and we have fish and chip suppers once a month, and we organise several days out throughout the year for residents.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
The Anchor Trust home contains 25 flats and provides sheltered accommodation for anyone aged 55 or over.