Freeman hails ‘massive’ win for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Boro winger hopes victory over Swindon will be the start of something good now club are in second half of the season
Luke Freeman says the win over Swindon Town last night (Tuesday) was a ‘massive’ result for the club.
The Stevenage winger played his part in the victory against a team that had beaten Boro twice already this season – once in the league and once, on penalties, in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - and is in contention for a play-off place.
The success over the Robins came off the back of a seven game winless run in the league, and speaking exclusively to the Comet the Boro winger says he hopes the victory can help to push his side on to a good second half of the campaign.
“It was a great team performance from the lads. It was about coming together as a team and working as a team,” Freeman said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a lot of games away [from home], and for the remainder of the games now we’ve got a lot of home matches. [Before the Swindon match] we were talking about taking advantage of being at home and picking up the points.
“It’s [a] massive [result]. Swindon are a good side, we know that. We’ve got the three points and now all of the lads are looking forward to Saturday and getting another three [against Notts County].
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“We’ll be looking to capitalise on what we did and start to afresh again and have a good second half of the season.”