Free tickets to Knebworth House, Hitchin Lavender and more up for grabs during Herts Big Weekend
- Credit: Archant
People living in Herts will have the chance to visit some of the county’s best tourist attractions free of charge during a ‘Big Weekend’ in the new year.
Attractions that have donated free tickets so far include Knebworth House, Hitchin Lavender and Stotfold Watermill.
“We are thrilled with the enthusiastic response to the first Herts Big Weekend from local businesses,” said David Curtis-Brignell, joint project manager of Visit Herts.
“Dozens have signed up so far, and we hope more will follow.
“The Big Weekend is a fantastic way to kick-start the tourist season, but it’s also a great way to re-ignite excitement for the county among those who should be its biggest advocates – its own people.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very easy to forget or miss entirely the wonderful, unique and heart-warming attractions – big and small – right on our doorstep. We want people to use this weekend to get out and about in Hertfordshire.”
The ‘Big Weekend’ will be on March 12 and 13. Anyone living in Herts and aged 18 or over will be able to apply for two tickets to any of the participating attractions from January 26. There will also be some family tickets available.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Some tickets have been set aside for the Family Holiday Association, which gives hard-up families free days out.
Visit hertsbigweekend.co.uk for more details, and a list of all the attractions offering tickets.
Tourist attractions interested in taking part can sign up at visitherts.co.uk/bigweekend.