Free mental health course for carers in Herts
- Credit: Archant
National charity Rethink Mental Illness is offering a free course for carers in Herts to help improve their knowledge around mental health.
In partnership with Carers in Hertfordshire, the charity is providing a six-week course in Stevenage for carers to educate them around the mental health system, and give them a chance to meet other carers.
Course facilitator Jonathan Clack said: "Carers can be very isolated, especially in mental health where stigma is still a big issue.
"As a carer myself I have seen the benefit that people can find from talking to other carers and from having good, up-to-date information."
Rethink Mental Illness runs services and support groups that aims to challenge attitudes about mental illness.
You may also want to watch:
The course takes place at The Friends Meeting House in Cuttys Lane from 10am to 12 noon on Thursday, February 13.
Carers can book a place by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01920 463663.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket