Free cinema tickets for 15 to 24 year olds
GET screened for Chlamydia and you will be given a free cinema ticket. NHS Hertfordshire is offering a free cinema ticket to all 15 to 24 year olds who return a completed Chlamydia test before the end of March. Roadshows promoting the campaign will take p
GET screened for Chlamydia and you will be given a free cinema ticket.
NHS Hertfordshire is offering a free cinema ticket to all 15 to 24 year olds who return a completed Chlamydia test before the end of March.
Roadshows promoting the campaign will take place at Stevenage Leisure Park from 5.30pm until 7.30pm today (Monday), and from noon until 2pm and from 5.30pm until 7.30pm on Wednesday and Friday.
Young people aged 15 to 24 can also request a free home testing kit by texting the word KIT, plus your name and address to 07781472981 or by visiting
You may also want to watch:
Steve Reynolds, lead Chlamydia nurse at NHS Hertfordshire, said: "Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst young people and, because it has no symptoms, most people who have it won't know they've got it.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
"If left untreated, Chlamydia can lead to nasty complications and could prevent you having children in the future.
"The good news is that getting tested is really easy, quick and discreet. There is no embarrassing examination and no need to go to your doctor if you don't want to. It's just a simple urine test and you'll receive your result back within a fortnight.
"If the test shows you have Chlamydia, don't worry, as it can be treated with one dose of antibiotics.
"It's important that all young people take a Chlamydia test once a year.