Free Christmas Day lunch for lonely elderly people in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Elderly people feeling lonely and isolated are invited to join in the festivities at a care home on Christmas Day.
Martins House, on Jessop Road in Stevenage, is opening its doors to those people over the age of 65 who have no plans to see anybody on Christmas Day.
The community event will include a free Christmas lunch, entertainment and friendly company during what can be a very emotional, lonely and isolating time for some people.
Care manager Julie Churchill said: “We know Christmas can be a very lonely time for elderly people, especially if they have no family or if relatives aren’t able to join them during this special time of the year.
“This is why we are delighted to be opening up our doors to local residents who may not have anyone to spend Christmas with. We look forward to meeting many new faces.”
To confirm your place, call 01895 257 010 or email Kendra@goldcarehomes.com.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns