Frank Whiteley to remain Chief Constable of Herts for three more years
Frank Whiteley is to remain as Chief Constable of Hertfordshire for another three years and he will now remain in the post until October, 2012. In making the announcement, Stuart Nagler, chairman of Hertfordshire Police Authority, said: Frank has led i
Frank Whiteley is to remain as Chief Constable of Hertfordshire for another three years and he will now remain in the post until October, 2012.
In making the announcement, Stuart Nagler, chairman of Hertfordshire Police Authority, said: "Frank has led improvements in virtually every area of policing in the county. Since he joined us in 2004, Hertfordshire Constabulary has changed from a force with average performance to one in the top quarter of forces in the country.
"At the same time, recorded crime in Hertfordshire has fallen by over 20 per cent, a reduction of 21,000 crimes per year.
"We are confident that he will continue to provide the strong leadership needed to face the enormous challenges ahead and look forward to working with him to make Hertfordshire even safer."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whiteley said: "I am delighted to be able to continue in my role as Chief Constable of Hertfordshire Constabulary and very much look forward to further improving policing in the county and ensuring crime is kept to an absolute minimum.
"I am also committed to continuing to develop our Safer Neighbourhoods Policing Programme and continue to improve the quality of services we deliver in order to further build the trust and confidence of Hertfordshire communities in the Constabulary.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
"I am particularly fortunate that I lead an excellent Force with a strong top team and a very dedicated and committed workforce. I also look forward to continuing to develop relationships with Hertfordshire Police Authority and other partners in the county to deliver improved policing for the communities of Hertfordshire."
C:\Documents and Settings\4284\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK2A\HPA 022 - Chief Constable contract extended - 1 June 2009 (2).doc1