Fox at Willian summer festival brings a taste of America to punters
- Credit: Archant
The Fox at Willian’s second summer beer, barbecue and music festival proved to be a big hit with the punters with more than 500 people streaming through the doors each day.
The free festival – which ran on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – saw 30 real ales, a cider bar, American craft beers and home-smoked meats on the barbecue.
Musical entertainment over the three days included a performance from Alex Bay – brother of Brit Award winner James.
Fox at Willian general manager John Anderson said: “We were overwhelmed by the success of our second summer festival, and must say a massive thank you all those who supported the event.
“It was a truly village affair and brought lots of new people into the village.
You may also want to watch:
“The Fox American-style barbecue proved very popular, with families picnicking on the green beside the pub.
“There were generous donations, with a bucket collection and face painting for the kids, for our chosen charity Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“The festival turned out to be a really happy family affair.”
Willian was the place to be over the weekend, with the village fair on the Sunday afternoon adding to the entertainment on offer.