Four weeks and counting to match £10,000 grant - Stevenage cancer charity needs donors to step forward in race to secure vital funds
- Credit: Archant
A charity which supports people who have suffered hair loss due to chemotherapy is appealing for help in raising £10,000 in just four weeks to help fund some of its services.
Cancer Hair Care on Middle Row in Stevenage was founded by Jasmin Gupta and offers free, expert advice and support on all aspects of hair loss before, during and after cancer treatments.
Grant-giving charity The Hutton Foundation has pledged to donate £10,000 to Cancer Hair Care, if that amount can be matched within four weeks.
In February last year, burglars smashed their way into Jasmin’s office and grabbed a haul worth £5,000. Jasmin said: “It’s been a really tough year since we were burgled and it has really taken a toll on the charity.
“I just couldn’t believe our luck when The Hutton Foundation proposed to give us half of the funds we urgently need.
“Now we need to find local businesses, clubs and organisations that share our passion for helping support children and adults with hair loss during cancer treatment.
Marian Mason, a volunteer who first came to the charity as a cancer patient, said: “When I lost my hair due to chemotherapy it was such an isolating experience until I discovered the wonderful support Cancer Hair Care offers.”
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
The funding would be used over a six-month period for patient services, such as the charity’s clinic at Lister Hospital, as well as investing in fundraising activities to help make the charity sustainable for the future. To donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 311322.