Four people taken to hospital following Hitchin house fire rescue
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been rescued and taken to hospital this morning (Thursday) following a fire.
Emergency services were called to Coleridge Close, Hitchin, at 2.35am to reports of a house fire.
On arrival crews found the fire in the ground floor of the house.
Two females and two males had to be taken to Lister Hospital for treatment.
One of the men, in his 60s, suffered head injuries and burns to his head.
You may also want to watch:
Another person suffered serious smoke inhalation, with two other casualties suffering minor smoke inhalation.
Crews from Hitchin, Stevenage, Baldock and Letchworth GC attended the scene.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
The fire was put out by 3.19am.
The fire has been recorded as deliberate or doubtful and a fire investigation is underway.
Police have cordoned off the scene and will be assisting the fire service in their investigations.