Four new gardens open their gates as Ickleford gets set for fundraising weekend
- Credit: Archant
Garden-lovers can take a stroll through no fewer than 13 gardens as Ickleford welcomes visitors on Sunday.
The village’s annual open house is back for a third year from 12 noon to 5pm.
The prized patches on offer include four new ones and Hitchin Lavender’s Cadwell Farm grounds. Admission is £4 for adults, accompanied children under 14 will get in free.
Hitchin Lavender is hosting a display of art work by children at Ickleford School and there’s an exhibition of Ickleford in Pictures in St Katharine’s Church on Saturday and Sunday.
The event is raising funds for the ‘room-for-all’ project at the church, which will create a much-needed community room with kitchen and toilets. The Friends of St Katharine’s will be manning a stall on Upper Green to showcase the plans.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the gardens and the exhibition in St Katharine’s, there is a ‘retro meets modern’ car collection at the Old George pub, tombola and stalls at VR Jennings funeral directors and the village hall, pony rides on Lower Green, and a traditional fete on Upper Green.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations