Four men plead guilty to handling stolen goods
FOUR men from Comet country admitted handling stolen goods when they appeared in court on Wednesday.
Andrew Battison, 22, of Birds Hill in Letchworth GC, Mark Brookes, 33, from Angelika Avenue in Stotfold, Terry Battison, 59, of Pixmore Way, Letchworth GC, and a 32-year-old man - who cannot be named due to reporting restrictions - all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to handle stolen goods.
Andrew Battison also admitted perverting the course of justice.
The four men, who appeared at St Albans Crown Court, will return to the court for sentencing on February 29.
They were arrested in a series of raids between September and October last year under Operation Scorpion, which was investigating the theft of high value mountain bikes, tools, gardening equipment and a quad bike across North Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and London.
You may also want to watch:
Officers recovered more than 200 items during the raids with a total estimated value of around �150,000.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'