Four men arrested over drugs and theft offences after stop and search in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Four people have been arrested after police carried out a stop and search while on patrol in Stevenage at the weekend.
Officers were heading along Longcroft Road in the town at about 4.15pm on Sunday when they became suspicious of a man and searched him.
The 23-year-old from Waltham Cross was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a class A drug.
Police then entered a house nearby where three men – all from Stevenage and aged 33, 41 and 46 respectively – were arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle and handling stolen goods.
An eyewitness told the Comet that in total there were four police cars and two vans in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
The men have since been released on bail until the start of December.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair