Former Tottenham striker thankful for Boro chance
Terry Dixon counts Spurs and West Ham United among former clubs
TERRY Dixon said he was thankful for being handed an opportunity to get some match time for Boro when they played MK Dons on Saturday.
The striker came on for the last 10 minutes of the goalless draw in place of Ben May, and although he wasn’t able to affect the scoreline he was pleased to get on the pitch.
“It was a tough game,” Dixon told The Comet afterwards. “I felt we did well in the first 20 minutes, first half hour, but then it evened out. I felt we had some chances, they had chances so all in all it was a decent result.
“(Graham Westley) gave me a run-out and I’m thankful for that and I’ve just got to build on that.”
You may also want to watch:
Dixon has been on the books at both Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United but at both clubs he dislocated his knee which halted his progress.
Back on the mend, the striker is hoping to do enough to impress Graham Westley to get even more game time and possibly clinch a deal.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
“I’ve had a few knee operations that have hindered me with my fitness and getting back to full fitness has been hard for me and hopefully at this club I might be able to do that,” Dixon (pictured, with the shaven head) said.
“The knee’s looking fine and I don’t have any problems at all. I’m just trying to lose a bit of weight now and get back into the fold.
“It’s up to the gaffer but I’m just trying to get on the bench and trying to get a few minutes under my belt.”