Former Stevenage players named in Team of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Luke Freeman, now with Bristol City, and Phil Edwards, with Burton Albion, praised for their performances this season
Two former Stevenage players have been named in Football League Team of the Year XIs.
Phil Edwards, now at Burton Albion, was named in defence in the PFA League 2 Team of the Year.
Edwards spent a season at Stevenage (2011-12) and joined Burton in 2013, helping them to promotion this season.
Another former Boro player, Luke Freeman, also helped his side to promotion this year.
You may also want to watch:
Now playing for Bristol City, the winger was named in the PFA League 1 Team of the Year.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess