Former Stevenage midfielder has died
- Credit: Archant
Ian Adcroft counted Letchworth GC Eagles, Hitchin Town and Baldock Town among his former clubs
Former Stevenage footballer Ian Adcroft has died at the age of 54 following an illness.
The ex-midfielder, who first played for Boro in 1985, was well known in Comet Country footballing circles.
Ian broke into the Letchworth Garden City first team as a teenager before spells with Hitchin Town and Baldock Town prior to joining Boro.
He passed away peacefully at home on Thursday, March 6.
You may also want to watch:
Ian was a loving husband, son, father, brother and uncle that will be sadly missed. His funeral service will take place at Harwood Park Crematorium on Tuesday, March 25 at 1.15pm.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'