Former Reading defender joins Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have snapped up former Reading full-back Terence Vancooten.
The 19-year-old has featured in Boro’s pre-season friendlies this summer having spent the past few weeks on trial at the club. He left the Royals at the end of last season.
The teenager has become Stevenage’s eighth signing of pre-season and told the club’s website: “It feels amazing. I am really happy to be here and I am excited for the future.
“I can’t wait to learn off everyone and improve myself as a player. I have already taken in so much.
“Both the players and management have been brilliant for me so I am confident I am at the right place.”
You may also want to watch:
The young defender says he is looking forward to learning off fellow right-back Ronnie Henry.
“I can learn a lot off him, for sure,” Vancooten said.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“He is a great guy and he has taught me a lot already. He speaks well on the pitch so I look forward to working with him.
“Normally when you come in as a trialist it can be pretty hard but the boys took to me well and have been very welcoming.”
A Stevenage XI side containing two trialists, academy players and a couple of first-team squad members lost 4-2 at St Neots Town on Tuesday night.
Boro led 2-0 at half-time courtesy of Rowan Liburd and Luke Slater. A much-changed side, which included five trialists, conceded four goals in the second period.
Boro starting XI: Trialist, Fraser, Wilmott, O’Keefe, Slater, Georgiou, Pett, Ferry, Akinyemi, trialist, Liburd.
Stevenage have two matches this Saturday. The club’s first team will host Charlton Athletic at the Lamex Stadium at 3pm while at the same time a Boro XI will be playing away to Cheshunt.
# Hitchin Town’s quest to put the play-off heartbreak of the past two years behind them will start with one of the longest away trips of the season following the release of the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division fixtures.
The Canaries have been sent to Merthyr Town for the opening day of the new campaign on August 12. That is a round-trip journey of almost 400 miles.
Their first home game comes two days later when they host St Neots Town. The first Saturday home fixture comes at the end of that week when Banbury United are the visitors to Top Field.