Former North Herts councillor in court over assault and burglary
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER councillor has appeared in court charged with assault and burglary.
Richard Harman, of Denby in Letchworth GC resigned from his Letchworth South East seat on North Herts District Council in September last year.
The 51-year-old appeared before Stevenage Magistrates’ court on January 7 charged with causing assault occasioning actual bodily harm to a woman on January 5 between the hours of 10.30pm and 11.15pm at the Jackmans Community Centre in Letchworth GC.
He was also charged with entering a property in Ellice, Letchworth GC as a trespasser with the intent to do damage.
The incident happened on January 5 between the hours of 8pm and 11.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The case has been adjourned until February 15.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go