Former Hitchin pupil in ‘dream come true’ debut book launch
- Credit: Archant
A former North Herts College pupil is set to release her debut novel later this month, something she says is a 20–year “dream come true”.
Gillian Harvey, 42, had hoped to arrange a local signing for ‘Everything is Fine’ – described as a humourous story about the world of social media.
But, with coronavirus restrictions in place and with Gillian currently living France, a physical launch won’t be possible.
Instead, she will host an introduction on her Facebook page (@gharveyauthor), with everyone invited to celebrate Gillian’s special day.
Gillian said: “I was so excited for the launch. The book’s had great reviews, including from bestselling authors Elizabeth Buchan, Anna Bell and Lucy Vine.
You may also want to watch:
“After twenty years of sending novels to agents and hoping, landing a publication deal has really been a dream come true.”
Gillian, who worked at Neves Solicitors and delivered the Comet series in her teens, is hoping to return to Hitchin once lockdown restrictions are eased.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
She said: “I’m hoping to get over before the end of the year, and will arrange a late launch when I do!”
Paperback, e-book and audiobook copies of Everything is Fine will be released May, 28.