Former Manchester United keeper says it will take time for Sheringham to build his team at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Roy Carroll was in goal for Notts County against Boro on Saturday
Roy Carroll says it will take time for Teddy Sheringham to build his new team at Stevenage.
Carroll, a former Manchester United player like Boro’s new boss, was in goal for Notts County in the Magpies’ 2-0 victory at Stevenage on Saturday.
The Northern Ireland international said afterwards: “It was a good performance against Stevenage from our boys.
“It was a very good performance considering we had eight new players and won away to a Stevenage team that got in the play-offs last year.
You may also want to watch:
“Stevenage are a good team, and I know Teddy [Sheringham] is working hard here.
“The last 20 minutes were tough for us. They put us under pressure and we got the win – but it takes time to build a new team and for Teddy to get what he wants and it’s going to take time for both ourselves and Stevenage but we’ve just got to win as many games as we can and keep going.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn