Former Lister nurse to represent Australia in London triathlon
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Lister Hospital nurse and her partner will be representing Australia at the International Triathlon Union Age Group World Championships at the weekend.
Zoe Hubball, also a former student at Hitchin Girls’ School, and her partner Gabriel Parker, 34, will be taking part in the challenge on Sunday in London’s Hyde Park where they will do a 1500m swim, a 40k bike ride and a 10k run around Hyde Park – the same as the Olympic distance race.
Zoe, who used to live in Whitwell, Hitchin, before moving to Adelaide nine-and-a-half years ago, said: “I am really excited and nervous about competing in the trials on Sunday; we have been training hard back home in Australia, at least twice a day and also here too.”
Zoe took up triathlon three years ago in Adelaide and is representing Australia for the second time at the world championships after competing in the sprint distance in Auckland, New Zealand, last year.
The 40-year-old said she was delighted to be in familiar supportive surroundings to take part in the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe aims to complete the challenge in 2hrs 45mins while Gabriel aims to finish in 2hrs 15mins.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?