Former Letchworth primary school to be turned into care home
A FORMER primary school could be turned into a three-storey 90-bedroom residential care home and day care centre, after a planning application was submitted.
The plans for Lannock Primary School, Whitway, Letchworth comes less than five years after the closure of the school due to a perceived lack of numbers.
Ward councillor David Levett said: “Overall it’s a very good use of the site, it’s providing something that is needed in the area and I can see the advantages of it.
“Developers of the nursing home are looking to keep in with the design of the school.”
Cllr Levett said a consultation held last month did raise concerns of the height and access of the building but Mr Levett said these issues had been addressed in the plans.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Levett said he would be looking into any concerns that any residents living nearby had about the development.
The plans have been submitted to North Herts District Council. A decision on the plans is expected to made in January.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair