Former Hitchin student and Prince Harry lookalike to star in ‘I wanna marry Harry’ TV show
- Credit: Archant
A Prince Harry lookalike’s former cricket captain reveals what the star of a US TV show is really like.
Matt Hicks, who is from Henlow and went to Hitchin Boys’ School, starred in ‘I wanna marry Harry’ a TV show in which 12 American women vie to become the wife of, who they believe to be, Prince Harry.
The 24-year-old, who is a keen crickter and is a University of Southampton graduate, used to work as a waiter at Champneys health spa in Henlow.
Mr Hicks’ former captain at Henlow Cricket Club, Scott Spicer revealed what the wannabe prince is really like.
He said: “I played with him four years ago. He was a lovely lad and was willing to help everyone out.
You may also want to watch:
“Him and his brother came down when they were young and asked if they could play.
“Right from the start it was clear they were good.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“He was always down the nets practising and he was a great batman.
“He brought the division record one year but scoring 275 not out off 40 overs and he didn’t even open.
“He was so good him and his brother basically coached us.”
The show is due to be broadcast on ITV2 at 9pm on Wednesday, June 4.