Former Hitchin furniture store to become restaurant now?
- Credit: Archant
PLANS to convert a former furniture store are back on the table, just weeks after an application to change it into a bar or restaurant was withdrawn.
Philpotts in Hitchin could become a restaurant, if an application for its change of use is given the go-ahead by North Herts District Council.
It follows another application – which was withdrawn at the end of May – to change it into a bar or restaurant.
That had proved unpopular with town groups, who argued it would increase anti-social behaviour and impact on residents living nearby.
The latest application has been submitted by Barker Parry Town Planning Ltd.
You may also want to watch:
See next week’s Comet for a full story.
What do you think about plans for Philpotts? Have your say by tweeting @thecomet24, post on our Facebook page, or email email@example.com
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal