Former Comet news editor’s funeral details
- Credit: Archant
THE funeral of former Comet news editor John Adams will be held next Thursday, April 25.
John, who had worked for Archant for 46 years before retiring earlier this year, lost his battle with cancer on April 9.
He was 65 and leaves behind his wife, Judy, and three children, Sam, Laurence and Nick.
News of John’s death has led to tributes pouring into the Comet newsdesk from people within the community, and his family would like to invite anyone who knew him to attend his funeral.
John’s funeral will be held at Harwood Park Crematorium, on Watton Road in Stevenage, at 3.30pm next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Family flowers only have been requested, but donations to the chemotherapy unit at Lister Hospital in Stevenage would be appreciated. Please make cheques payable to The Forster Suite Endowment Fund, c/o EH Crouch Funeral Directors, 52 Station Road, Letchworth GC, Hertfordshire, SG6 3BE. Donations can also be made at the funeral.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round