Former Boro striker DJ Campbell arrested over stabbing outside London nightclub
Former Stevenage Borough striker DJ Campbell has been arrested in connection with a stabbing outside a London nightclub. Reports say the player was taken from the Blackpool training ground yesterday morning in front of astonished players and managemen
Former Stevenage Borough striker DJ Campbell has been arrested in connection with a stabbing outside a London nightclub.
Reports say the player was taken from the Blackpool training ground yesterday morning in front of astonished players and management. He was allowed to change from his kit and was formerly arrested.
Mr Campbell, who played in the Premier League with Birmingham City and several other clubs after leaving Boro, was held in cells at Blackpool Police station before being handed over to detectives from the Metropolitan Police.
He was taken to London and questioned at Hammersmith Police Station by officers investigating the stabbing of a 24-year-old man outside The Crescent Club in West Kensington in January. He was granted police bail pending further police inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has since recovered from his injuries.
Mr Campbell, whose christian names are Dudley Junior, is on loan at Blackpool from Leicester City who bought him for �2m from Birmingham.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
He scored twice last weekend against Nottingham Forest to maintain Blackpool's chance of a Championship play-off spot.