Former black sabbath members join knebworth festival line-up
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer. Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appear
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer.
Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath's Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appearance of 2009 at Knebworth over the weekend of August 1-2.
Also added to the Sonisphere line-up are alternative prog rockers Coheed and Cambria for their only UK show.
American rockers The Used join the second stage in another UK festival exclusive.
The Ataris, Hundred Reasons and Zebrahead will also be performing over the weekend.
The closing leg of the inaugural European touring Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth will be headlined by Linkin Park and metal gods Metallica.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
There are still a few more bands to be announced.
A Sonisphere statement said: "With the line-up nearly complete, organisers are working on filling the final few slots, which will contain a few eyebrow-raising surprises to ensure good-time festival fun.