Former black sabbath members join knebworth festival line-up
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer. Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appear
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer.
Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath's Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appearance of 2009 at Knebworth over the weekend of August 1-2.
Also added to the Sonisphere line-up are alternative prog rockers Coheed and Cambria for their only UK show.
American rockers The Used join the second stage in another UK festival exclusive.
You may also want to watch:
The Ataris, Hundred Reasons and Zebrahead will also be performing over the weekend.
The closing leg of the inaugural European touring Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth will be headlined by Linkin Park and metal gods Metallica.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
There are still a few more bands to be announced.
A Sonisphere statement said: "With the line-up nearly complete, organisers are working on filling the final few slots, which will contain a few eyebrow-raising surprises to ensure good-time festival fun.