Former black sabbath members join knebworth festival line-up
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer. Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appear
FORMER members of rock legends Black Sabbath have joined the Sonisphere Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer.
Heaven and Hell, the collaboration project featuring Sabbath's Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will be making their only UK festival appearance of 2009 at Knebworth over the weekend of August 1-2.
Also added to the Sonisphere line-up are alternative prog rockers Coheed and Cambria for their only UK show.
American rockers The Used join the second stage in another UK festival exclusive.
The Ataris, Hundred Reasons and Zebrahead will also be performing over the weekend.
The closing leg of the inaugural European touring Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth will be headlined by Linkin Park and metal gods Metallica.
- 1 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 2 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 3 Sex offender avoids jail 'by skin of his teeth' after Hitchin assault
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 6 Former Stevenage swimmer 'buzzing' to compete in Commonwealth Games
- 7 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 8 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 9 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
There are still a few more bands to be announced.
A Sonisphere statement said: "With the line-up nearly complete, organisers are working on filling the final few slots, which will contain a few eyebrow-raising surprises to ensure good-time festival fun.