Former AFC Wimbledon midfielder Soares on trial with Stevenage
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former AFC Wimbledon and Crystal Palace midfielder Tom Soares is on trial with Stevenage, CometSport can confirm.
The 32-year-old was let go at the end of last season by Wimbledon, and is now looking to earn himself a deal at the Lamex.
Soares played for Boro during their pre-season friendly against Peterborough United on Tuesday night.
Having started his career at Palace - making 149 league appearances at Selhurst Park - went on to play for Stoke City, Charlton Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday and Hibernian before joining Bury in 2012.
Soares made 164 league appearances for the Gigg Lane outfit, scoring the goal that got them promoted to League One on the last day of the 2014/15 season.
You may also want to watch:
He joined Wimbledon in 2017, playing 69 times in the league but was released this summer.
After Stevenage's 0-0 draw with St Albans, boss Dino Maamria revealed he wanted to add more experience to his side, something which Soares would certainly provide.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright