Football day in Baldock raises more than £700 for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
More than £700 has been raised for charity by a football day in Baldock.
Four teams drawn from the ranks of retail display specialists Displayplan faced off at the Baldock Arena in aid of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
With each side named after a London Tube line, Team Metro triumphed over Team District, Team Victoria and Team Central.
The day raised a total of £724.23 for the charity.
The firm’s Adam Turl said: “It was a fantastic event, and everyone played their hearts out.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see everyone get stuck in, including the directors of the business.
“The day was made even more special by the air ambulance volunteer who came down to support us and present the winning team with their trophy.”
For more about the charity, see ehaat.org.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home