Food and wine delights come to Hitchin
FOODIES were spoilt for choice last weekend at the second Hitchin Wine and Food Festival, which featured more than 20 suppliers and their goods.
The event, which was held at Hitchin Town Hall, saw a range of wines, treats, epicurean delights and Christmas gifts on display and for sale.
Chutneys, cheese, vegetables and meat were amongst the foods on offer, with a number of wine suppliers also making their mark.
The two-day event, which was held on both days over the weekend, was organised by the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse and also supported by The Comet newspaper and Waitrose in Hitchin.
“We had 800 people through our doors over the weekend,” said Liz Willoughby of the Tilehouse Rotary.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an improvement on the success we had last year. We would like to thank the exhibitors, those who helped out and all those who came along this year.
“The feedback we have had has been positive, but we are looking to make this an annual event so would appreciate more.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The likes of independent North Herts merchant Beverley Bollons, Aldeby Wines and Bordeaux and Beyond set up their stalls to sell and provide samples of their wine.
And Clockhouse Catering, a company that offer catered food for many different events, were also a big success with their stand.
“Anyone who wants to provide feedback on the event can do so on the website,” added Liz.