Folk dress to impress for Edwardian Pageant at The Shuttleworth Collection
- Credit: Archant
It was all about dressing to impress at the Shuttleworth Collection on Sunday for an Edwardian Pageant to remember at the Old Warden Aerodrome.
Despite the gusty wind there were flying displays from vehicles such as the twin Hurricanes, the Tiger9 Formation Team and the Comet.
There was plenty of entertainment on the ground as well, with an Edwardian horse-drawn fire engine proving to be a star attraction.
A spokesman for The Collection said: “Thank you to all our visitors and volunteers for sharing a sunny Sunday with us, it was nice to see both Hurricanes in the air.”
Next up at the Collection is the 19th edition of the Flying Proms on Saturday, August 20.
You may also want to watch:
There will be vintage aircraft performing aerial displays to much-loved classical themes performed by the 50-piece National Symphony Orchestra.
Swiss Garden will also be open for visitors to explore.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
For more information on tickets prices for the Flying Proms and future events at the Collection visit www.shuttleworth.org.