Folk dress to impress for Edwardian Pageant at The Shuttleworth Collection
- Credit: Archant
It was all about dressing to impress at the Shuttleworth Collection on Sunday for an Edwardian Pageant to remember at the Old Warden Aerodrome.
Despite the gusty wind there were flying displays from vehicles such as the twin Hurricanes, the Tiger9 Formation Team and the Comet.
There was plenty of entertainment on the ground as well, with an Edwardian horse-drawn fire engine proving to be a star attraction.
A spokesman for The Collection said: “Thank you to all our visitors and volunteers for sharing a sunny Sunday with us, it was nice to see both Hurricanes in the air.”
Next up at the Collection is the 19th edition of the Flying Proms on Saturday, August 20.
There will be vintage aircraft performing aerial displays to much-loved classical themes performed by the 50-piece National Symphony Orchestra.
Swiss Garden will also be open for visitors to explore.
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
For more information on tickets prices for the Flying Proms and future events at the Collection visit www.shuttleworth.org.