Flower festival to brighten up Sutton church
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Church in Sutton will be a sea of colour when the annual flower festival returns.
The event will be held on June 30 and July 1, with a theme being a night at the theatre.
Entry to the festival is free, although any donations are gratefully accepted, and refreshments will be available from a variety of stalls in the garden opposite the church.
Local artwork will also be exhibited at the event.
Doors open at 10am and close at 5pm on both days.
The popular Sutton duck race will also be held on the Sunday at the ancient Packhorse bridge and ford.
Racing starts at 3pm and tickets to sponsor a duck cost £2. The winner will take home £150, with £50 and £25 for second and third place.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
If you would like to sponsor a duck call 07786 657 029 or 01767 261 742.