Floral show boosts hospice appeal
THE COMET S charity of the year has been given over £200 towards the costs of its new extension. The Garden House Hospice, in Letchworth GC, was presented with the donation from Waitrose Stevenage after the store had invited the Stevenage Floral Art Socie
THE COMET'S charity of the year has been given over £200 towards the costs of its new extension.
The Garden House Hospice, in Letchworth GC, was presented with the donation from Waitrose Stevenage after the store had invited the Stevenage Floral Art Society into the branch to give a flower demonstration.
The society used Waitrose's flowers to show customers how to make simple but effective floral arrangements.
Over £115 was raised by customers and staff purchasing the flower arrangements for a donation and two of the arrangements were given to the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
In a bid to increase the amount of money that was raised, Jane Winters of Waitrose contacted the company's community committee who agreed to double the amount.
Ms Winters said: "It was a lovely day and our customers have really helped in raising money for what is a very important cause. I want to say a big thank you to the Stevenage Floral Art Society."
- 1 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
The money is another welcome donation to the hospice which is still raising funds for its new extension which will include a day hospice, a purpose built educational centre and improved out-patient facilities.