Flipper vicars and schoolchildren from Barkway and Sandon enjoy Pancake Day fun
- Credit: Archant
There were fun pancake-themed activities going on in Barkway and Sandon this week to mark Shrove Tuesday.
Vicars in Barkway showed the village youngsters how its done when children, parents and staff from Barkway First School hosted a spectacular Pancake Bonanza
Working with the Barkway Community Group and clergy from the St Mary Magdalene Church, there was a series of races for all children from preschool to Year 4 and then for parents and the ecclesiastical group.
Races preceded refreshments, raffle and a bring and buy sale. Acting headteacher Mrs Sharon Brown said: “The event was huge fun from start to finish.
“It was great to see so many people involved and from different parts of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank everyone who helped to make the event so very worthwhile.”
To find out more, see barkway.herts.sch.uk.
Over in Sandon, a flippin’ good time was had by all at their village school as they also celebrated Pancake Day in style.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Children and staff from across the whole school, in Rushden Road, joined the pancake races.
One of the class teachers singing the pupils’ praises was Mrs Bowden.
She said: “It was another fun event organised and run perfectly, with our older children, as always, helping the little ones.”
For more information on the school, see sandon.herts.sch.uk.