Flaunt your talent in Stevenage contest
READERS have the chance to flaunt their forte in a talent contest this month. Mayor of Stevenage, Sue Myson, is holding Stevenage Has Got Talent in a bid to find the most gifted residents in town. Auditions will be held in the Ellen Terry Suite at Stevena
READERS have the chance to flaunt their forte in a talent contest this month.
Mayor of Stevenage, Sue Myson, is holding Stevenage Has Got Talent in a bid to find the most gifted residents in town.
Auditions will be held in the Ellen Terry Suite at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre from 10am until 2pm on Saturday, January 23.
Residents with a talent for anything from singing and dancing, to yodelling and playing a musical instrument, are invited to attend the auditions.
You may also want to watch:
A panel of judges will decide the best four audition acts to go on to perform at the Mayor's Charity Concert, which will be held at The Gordon Craig Theatre.
Cllr Mick Patston, who held the first Stevenage Has Got Talent auditions when he was mayor of Stevenage last year, said: "We want people to turn up at the auditions, perform for about five minutes, and have fun."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
The event is sponsored by Stevenage-based company MBDA and spokesman Alan Fuller, who was a judge in 2009, said: "Last year's auditions were amazing. The enthusiasm, standard and diversity of the acts were way beyond our expectations. Having set such high standards in 2009, this year the judges are eagerly anticipating an even greater breadth and depth of acts from our local community. If you can sing, dance, juggle, eat fire or make people laugh please come along to the auditions and again demonstrate that Stevenage has got talent."
* To book tickets for the Mayor's Charity Concert, which starts at 7pm on Thursday, February 25, visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk or call the box office on 08700 131 030. All tickets are �5.