Flats plan is thrown out
A PLAN to build five-storey blocks of flats in Hitchin has been thrown out. Weston Homes second planning application to construct 105 new homes on the land adjacent to the B&Q store on Walsworth Road was rejected by the town s councillors. They agreed wi
A PLAN to build five-storey blocks of flats in Hitchin has been thrown out.
Weston Homes' second planning application to construct 105 new homes on the land adjacent to the B&Q store on Walsworth Road was rejected by the town's councillors.
They agreed with recommendations made by planning officers, who felt the development would "not satisfactorily integrate into the established character and urban form of the locality".
The developer's plans had been met with significant opposition from local groups, who thought the flats would grossly overdevelop the site.
You may also want to watch:
The county highway authority and fire service also had reservations about inappropriate access for emergency or service vehicles.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV